Two HausGuests this morning yielded a VERY fine show:
Hollywood in Toto – Christian Toto
Christian and I discussed 2 movies he’s recently seen and 2 that he wants to see as soon as possible:
- Light Between Oceans – A childless couple?finds a baby in a boat that washes ashore and adopt it as there own – until the birth mom shows up. A little disappointing, emotional, 3/4ths of a real movie
- Don’t Breathe – A trio break into a home and did NOT get what they were expecting. A horror movie that’s doing VERY well. Compelling with white-knuckle tension. It created a conflict between Christian and one of his writers:
- Desierto – A racist hateful American who hunts?Mexican illegal immigrants, with Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
- Sully – Directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Tom Hanks, it’s the story of Chesley Sullenberger, the pilot who landed a plane in the Hudson river, saving all the passengers.
I also mentioned recently seeing Vince Vaughn in 2013’s?The Delivery Man (which I LOVED). Listen to the isolated segment with Christian here:
HausGuest – Ed Brodow
Ed and I spent the bulk of our time together discussing the implications and issues raised by his new book:
Here is the book’s summary:
Millions of Americans at both ends of the political spectrum are angry and fed up with being lied to by politicians and the media. The emergence of “outsider” presidential candidates Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders is proof that people are sick and tired of Washington’s culture of deception.
Thumbing his nose at political correctness, negotiation expert and political commentator Ed Brodow exposes the outrageous lies that have been disseminated about the most important issues of our time. He tells the uncensored truth about the threat of Islamic extremism, global warming, the welfare entitlement system, Obamacare, racial tension and other important things that our elected representatives don’t want you to know. If you vote in national elections, the candor of In Lies We Trust will help you make decisions based on facts instead of misinformation.
There is NO doubt that politicians and the media lie and this seems like an extremely good book on the subject. Given his widely ranging experience and knowledge, he was a fantastic HausGuest!
- Last night Donald Trump said he has no issues with illegal aliens serving in (or wanting to serve in) the U.S. military:
Trump: Undocumented person wanting to serve in military & stay in U.S. legally presents "very special circumstance" https://t.co/zocQY8t7x7
— NBC News (@NBCNews) September 8, 2016
- Hillary totally lied her way through an answer to a national security question:
- But Van Jones said she’s one of the most honest politicians in America:
- And Cal State L.A. is going to have segregated housing for black students to allow them a safe space from racism:
Thank you for reading and listening!
Tomorrow’s HausGuests: Amy Peikoff and Dave Coen
The show is live at 7am PST / 10am EST.
Listening options here:
Show voicemail number: 949-478-1867
Thank you for reading and please share!
Please follow the show via our Spreaker site or subscribe to the podcast in the iTunes Store. You can also get a free app that will allow live-chat during the show in the Google Plus or Apple iTunes stores.